26.2.12

Sunday ka Funda

“Don’t be offended if someone says ‘sexy’, rather take it positively.”

- National Commission for Women (NCW) chairperson Mamta Sharma

Expectedly, there will be a pro and anti stand on this regarding feminism. The problem is that the word has lost its true calling due to rampant usage. Food is sexy, ideas are sexy, politics is sexy, sanyas is sexy.

I’d say women cannot be advised on this. They could feel offended depending on who makes the remark and in what context. Besides, different women see sexiness differently.

Here are a few quotes I identify with:

  • “From the moment I was six I felt sexy. And let me tell you it was hell, sheer hell, waiting to do something about it.” – Bette Davis
  • “I find it very difficult to draw a line between what's sex and what isn't. It can be very, very sexy to drive a car, and completely unsexy to flirt with someone at a bar.” – Bjork
  • “I dress sexily - but not in an obvious way. Sexy in a virginal way.” – Victoria Beckham
  • “I like someone who is a little crazy but coming from a good place. I think scars are sexy because it means you made a mistake that led to a mess.” – Angelina Jolie
And, yes, I find the word uttered in a low hoarse voice sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.